Friday, December 18, 2009

Part Four: Inspiring Moms

This is our final interview segment with moms who inspire. Last but not least, is Nancy Lim who resigned from her training post and got promoted to "Stay At Home Mom"! Always the elegant dresser with her 'humble' collection of Chanel bags, Nancy is doting mom to 16 month-old Meredith. Being a first time mom has its challenges no doubt, but you need to look after yourself first and feel good so that you can channel your positive energy to your kid(s). Look good for your children's sakes, said Nancy.





Describe your sense of style: Practical (enough for the climate in Singapore) and elegant for work. Off work I’m totally casual. Bermudas, Capri pants and shirt blouse rule my style.


Beauty sacrifices you have to make after childbirth: Less makeup as I do not wish for Meredith to ‘pollute’ her porcelain face whenever I hug or kiss her.Reduced accessories, especially chunky ones, as babies have a tendency to yank them apart. Re-touching my grown hair roots. Going to the hair dressers for hours is something of the past. Manicured coloured nails are not something I can wear on a frequent basis.


How important it is for you to make time to pamper yourself? I want to feel refreshed with Meredith and look good for her sake as much as possible. So it is nothing short of necessary to pamper myself first. For the barest minimum, I will indulge myself with a bi-weekly body massage. Catching up on sleep as and when possible in the day. A soak in my bath tub once a while allows me some needed quiet moments.


How do you maintain your appearance despite your busy schedule? Getting hubby to watch over daughter whilst I try to get a quick fix of facial and scrub. Anti-aging skincare is indispensable. After all it does not take much time to apply. That said, I am guilty of lapping on the product creams without taking time to massage my face. I have learnt to wear natural makeup in a jiffy.


Share a beauty tip: Twirl my hair into a chignon at home so that when the hair is let down there will be make shift curls!


Inspiring message for moms: Look good for your children’s sake. They should feel proud of how their parents, especially their mothers look. There is no need to dig deep into our pockets for making ourselves look pretty. Just need to be savvy and keep ourselves in the know of where to get stuffs or services at affordable prices.

I would love for my daughter to be proud of how her mummy looks. She may not know a thing about image pride now but I am sure when she is older she will pay attention to such details when looking at pictures of us taken together.

No comments: